Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Incredible India - Part II

Amish, my tour guide, is a staunch Jaan believer and of cos we had to go to a Jaan temple to have a look. Isn't it an irony that I never visited any of the Indian temples back home and I have to travel 7 hours to marvel at the "authentic" ones?


Grand Central Mumbai .. the most comfortable hotel I have ever stayed! Period.
High tech TV - The TV is on by motion sensor and it mutes when the phone rings 
Choice of pillows AND mattress -I heard of changing pillows but changing your mattress if you don't like the current one? The idea of four housekeepers carrying the new mattress of choice through the door just tickles me and my boss to death.
Sleeping kit -  that comes with eye shade, two aromatherapy sprays (one for destress one for sleep) and dreamkerchief (some wet tissue thingy drench in aromatherapy oil to put by your pillow)
The above is just a few of the thoughtful details they thought of. And what a difference good rest at a fabulous hotel does to your soul!


We managed to squeeze in a visit to Gandhi place and I was awed by the amount of books he had read and the amazing things he had done. It was liked history coming alive as I read his letters written to politicians. And all the old newspapers articles on his liberal ideas on women and the harijans. The above is what he wrote to women and I just had to take a photo and put it up here.

Will be back with the last part of the trip - THE FOOD... *drool*

0 comments:

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP