Saturday, August 21, 2010

Been an insanely expensive week. Dreading to recap on my damages. Unfortunately demand outstrips the supply. Now I have to contemplate on whatever is left on my supply to survive the rest of the year!

Finally tidy up my hair. Wanted to do something drastic but upon Yong's surprisingly avid campaign to keep my hair long, i decided that a perm would appease us both. The perm, re-coloring, treatment and cut set me back on my hair budget at least for the next six month. I am beginning to doubt my decades of business studies. Obviously you can have a brighter future (and fortune) going for hair and beauty education.

The bridesmaid dress material
After a mad rush to confirm our attendance to Yim's wedding, I did an equally mad rush to get my bridesmaid dress tailored. After an hour of soft (begging) and hard (name dropping) approach, my seamstress finally accepted my order and I on her PREMIUM price. I really hope *double crossed my fingers* that the dress will turn out the way I want. After consulting my bridesmaids and their experience with tailoring, I realized that the end result very often differs from the original design. Once again, I wonder if I should have gotten my mum to train me in this line since good and reliable seamstresses are apparently extinct. Let's see if this one who came highly recommended will live up to her name.

Then I had to book my tickets to London. This was a happy purchase though equally painful on the pocket. The NATAS SQ promo fare came at the right time. This save me 4 hours of transit time if I have gone for Emirates. After a brief grimace upon clicking the "buy" button on SQ site, I broke into a huge beam for the rest of the day. I am just so happy to be able to make it for Yim's wedding afterall. It would mean the world to me to be there for her most important day as she, Mike and Papa Pisit did for mine. Looking forward to spend the few days at the English suburb with Yong.

My last damage is the TCM visit this morning. TCM is not cheap loh. Sigh.. is anything in Singapore affordable these days anyway? The medicine is simply NASTY. Looks horrible too. (see right photo) Oh well.. hopefully it will bring my body back in balance.

Bought some coasters from litteoddforest a 精品 Singapore based online store which has been around for quite a while. Always love to buy their little pouches and coasters as xmas gifts for friends.

We have been thinking of getting a DSLR for quite a while already but gonna be hard with the upcoming trip. Nonetheless, I would rather go to Yim's wedding than get a new camera.....

BUT a new camera would have been nice .... to capture all of Yim and Mark's joy and love. :P

0 comments:

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP