Sunday, July 10, 2011

Have been traveling extensively for the last couple of weeks. Since they are for leisure, I am well rested and unexpectedly joyous on a Monday morning.

July is my birthday month. With overwhelmingly numerous negative reports on having children too late, birthdays are no longer a celebration of birth but rude reminders of my aging body. Coupled with my want-it-right-here-right-now personality, ahh.. you can only imagine my level of anxiety preceding the hatchday

Since the last post, my emotions have gone on a roller coaster ride. My f4 (closest girlfriends) kind of “confronted” me on how I have shut them off emotionally recently. Truth is, I don’t really know how to confide in them; one of them blissfully awaiting the birth of her 2nd child. I was angry with them for forcing me to a corner. Then sad, to have make them awkward when that was the last thing I wanted (hence my evasive behavior). Finally helpless, because I don’t really know how to behave anymore. All I wanted was to be left alone to deal with myself.

There is this area at my hipbones that really hurt during my daily massage (Thai massage rocks!) at Krabi. As usual, I consulted our in house TCM guru/colleague (he is doing part time TCM studies) and his reply kind of stunned me. The area represents pent up emotions and over time, it will hurt if they are not released. Ah…as if I need more reminders.

Anyway, the two short but fabulous holidays helped to bring me out of the emotional rut I was in. I straighten my thoughts and now feel more encouraged about my future. I had my first class last week and it feels great to be back studying again. I signed up for crocheting class and am so looking forward to start this Saturday.

One of my girls commented that I can get very obsessive. And I concur. Only thing is that my obsessions are usually short lived. They usually get to a point I know I have to stop. And here I am, gaining control back in my life. Taking the spotlight off that one area of my life and regaining clarity over rest. And thank LORD for that.

Latest (good) addiction: summer photo series from one of the blogs I regularly stalked.

4 comments:

Z July 11, 2011 at 8:08 AM  

Ah so you've been going on vacations! Miss your posts anyway, happy birthday in advance and hope all is well!

Lin July 11, 2011 at 6:25 PM  

Thanks for the well wishes! :)

Anonymous July 11, 2011 at 10:46 PM  

I've missed your posts too. Happy birthday! Things will get better. :)

PS: I was feeling down when I read this (http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/fl20110712jk.html) and what he said made so much sense.

PS again: Thank you for the blog mention. You 're too kind!!!

Lin July 12, 2011 at 2:46 AM  

Thanks for the well wishes and the meaningful article. Interesting to see the world through his eyes. He has such Gambatte spirit!

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP