Tuesday, November 12, 2019

A Looooong Hiatus

Wow, the last post on this blog was all 7 years ago. I stop this blog when I was struggling through infertility. And went on to start other anonymous blogs (ie no pictures) which I eventually abandoned. I only remember this one. And as I go through the old blog posts, I begin to understand the beauty of journaling.  And how it can serve to praise God. We men are so forgetful. Check out the Old testament Israelite. Whether we are gentiles or Israelite, we are the same. We are the same sinful men who would forget God's goodness in the blink of an eye.

I have been reading Tim Challies Blog. Wonderful blog. My daily staple. And he mentioned the dying christian blogging scene. Yeah, I agree. With instagram and twitter, literature is no longer in vogue. I am no writer. No gift in that. But to record God's goodness in my life so I can look back when memories fail me in the future. Oh yeah. I am in.

During this 7 years, God gifted us 2 girls. Two precious girls all filled to brim with unicorns, pink glitters and princess capes. I love them dearly for they are reminders of God's goodness to me. And everyday I have to remind myself: that they belong to the Most High. They are His and somehow God has decided to risk it and placed them under my imperfect care. Last Sunday, we talked about idolatry during discussion after sermon. Yana mentioned that SAHM tends to be wary of children becoming our idols. But for her, she is driven to God even more. I feel the same way. They are our sanctification, not idols. Ha!

During this 7 years, God placed us in a Church. A wonderful church. Small, all 60-70 of us including children. And there are many of them. Most of us are active members. Which means we serve. And we serve hard. There is only so many of us and there are mountains of things to do. And we are joyfully doing that. Growing in God's word verse by verse, book by book and encouraging each other. Of course, we are sinful men so the church is not perfect. There are dissensions. There have been departures and probably more. But our love for His word continue to bind us together and forward.

During this 7 years, I left my work and become a full time stay home mom. I realized the art of running a household is a university course by itself. I realized the ability to conduct a meeting with the C level executives amount to nothing when you need to debone a chicken for dinner. I realize being able to conduct a seminar doesn't help you to maneuver across the floor filled with lego so you don't cripple yourself. But I have learnt that amidst the chaos at home, God is faithful. His commandments are right, giving joy to my heart. His word brings enlightenment to my life. I came to love his word. Even the Old testament. Heh! Because it shows His unrelenting love for us. Even if we draw away from Him time and time again, seeking our own independence and self worth.

During this 7 years, my marriage with Elson matured. We are naked in front of each other. Not just physically but emotionally and spiritually. We struggle through ups and downs of our spiritual walks but we learnt that we can't do it without Jesus in our marriage. My hope and expectation of a savior are not on his shoulders and vice versa. Only when we acknowledge that Jesus is the center of our life, and that we are both sinners under His kingship, then we will empathize and encourage each other to continue the path. We have to make a conscience effort not to become roommates instead of life partner under the busyness of life, serving in church and demands of young children. Date nights are infrequent but treasured when they come by. It has been an eventful 10 years. And we look forward to many years to come.

Now, the girls are in school in the morning. I have some time to myself. I want to reach out more. Exercise more. Plan more. But at the same time, I think one of the most important thing for me to do is to slow down and digest. I am reading a wonderful book, Teaching to Change Lives, by Howard Hendrick. One of the first things he said is to take an hour to read daily. Half an hour to read, and half an hour to review and reflect. I need to reflect more. On the readings from bible and books. There are gems but so often I read and move on busily and never get to internalize these precious wisdom and use them in my life.

Therefore, I want to restart this blog again. Hopefully, this will help me to live out God's word more.

0 comments:

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP