Sunday, September 26, 2010

Separation Anxiety and Blog direction

There was nothing new to the scene: me unable to hide my squeals of joy as I bounced towards Yong at the arrival hall.

But something rather new has transpired in the preceding week.

For the first time, I had separation anxiety. Being away from my hubby.

It is kind of funny because when we started living together and he left for the first of his many trips this year, I wondered why I did not feel what many of my colleagues complained – that they could not sleep well when their husbands are out of town. Then, I was more than happy to have the house to myself. Weekdays night and weekends were packed with activities. Life was no difference from before. And I thought to myself: what is the big deal in living together and being married?

Then he left for another trip last week and wham! I turned into a whiny melodramatic wife pining for his return. My nights were restless with thoughts of him. My days were punctured with daydreams of what I will do to him when he is back *wink*. His absence was very very much felt.

Don’t get me wrong. I did miss him genuinely in the past. But it was more intense this time. Liked a piece of me is gone and I felt incomplete and inadequate without him.

If at this point, you are staring in disgust at the screen, be comforted. For the exceedingly mushy outpour of affection will stop here. Hee..

It has been a difficult few weeks for him and my in laws, worried sick every minute. But despite that, I am heartened and touched. For I have never seen a family this strong and united. So filled with love and encouragement for each other. There was times I was moved to tears by their virtues and my good fortune to be married to this wonderful family.

Which brings me to the next point.

This blog has been about the journey of becoming a Mrs. And now that I am, I thought about the direction of the blog. The recent episode taught me that there is so much more about being a mrs, a wife, the significant other. The meaning behind the vow. And the joy of experiencing that growth.

With all wedding stuff long done, this blog will continue its core theme – Marriage life. It will carry on the documentation of building a home with Yong. This blog will showcase the collection of my fav home décor looks, DIY crafty projects and hopefully, successful bakery attempts.

Not forgetting, the medley of my occasional melodrama.

On top of that, it will also include the assembly of things I am crazy about; cute clothes, yummy food, spicy salsa (I mean the dance), music, travel, etc 

While I am no means of an expert in ANY of the above, I am in constant awe of the talented people behind them.

And I hope you will get the same joy i feel when admiring these things I consider beautiful. :)

0 comments:

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP