Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tailor Made Bridesmaid dress

Finally. After a month of waiting. With only a week left to Yim's wedding. My custom made bridesmaid dress is DONE!

Well, one thing I learnt: if you ever want to duplicate any design to the T, the best way would be to buy it. However, if you are willing to set aside some allowance of change and take some risk, it may turn out really fun and fruitful.

Here was what I wanted, an ASOS dress:


And after much laborious hours (no kidding!) poring over the tiny photos on my iphone, Li Hwa bravely took on the challenge. And here is the result.


During the first fitting, I got Li Hwa to cut down the ruffles and MOST importantly, take out the bust padding and tapered the bust area down.

And after a lengthy discussion with Li Hwa and another of her client (a very nice British lady who gave me great tips to keep warm in London) who happened to drop by, we decided to forgo the belt.

I am a little hesitant about the result. I love the cut and Li Hwa is FABULOUS in her craftsmanship. It is just too.......bright! I am used to wearing much darker hue. Shiny Gold is certainly new to me!

But all in all, though the dress did not turned out exactly how I wanted but it was skillfully constructed and it fits me like a glove. I know I will find the occasion to wear it again and therefore, effectively amortizing the premium dollars I paid. Hee.. dollars well spent!

3 comments:

Z September 29, 2010 at 8:27 PM  

Looking good babe! Where's your tailor located at?

Lin September 29, 2010 at 9:06 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lin September 29, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

Midpoint orchard 2nd floor. PM me if you want her contact.
She came highly raved from my colleague whose family tailor all their cheongsams with her. She is so trusted that his sis' wedding gown is also custom made by her. And it is gorgeous!
I will prob return to make a cheongsam. Always wanted to own one.

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP