Wednesday, October 13, 2010

In Loving Memory of beloved Ah Yi


"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you will see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight"
---   Kahlil Gibran

Dearest Ah Yi, 

I realized that I was indeed weeping for all that was wonderful about you during the wake.
The contentment and peace that lingered at the edge of your constant smile.
Your patient disposition when teaching the girls in the family how to cook your famous Teo Chew dishes.
Your cheekiness when we prompted Ah Tioh to kiss you during your birthday.
Your immense courage when you endured much pain towards the end. 
Your gentle temperament which is evident in all your offspring.
I grief for I wish I had more time with you as your daughter in law.
But I shall be comforted with the loving memories of you. And oh, they are lovely.
Thank you Ah Yi. You will always always be in my heart.

I will miss you so much.


0 comments:

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP