Wednesday, January 12, 2011

减肥年

Yesterday, I participated enthusiastically in my company annual health screening albeit warnings from seasoned colleagues that it is more of a sales tactic than a comprehensive screening.

The “complimentary” healthscreen consisted of BMI calculation, fat measurement and a basic urine test. I was most interested in the fat measurement. I did one of these tests shortly after graduation and were completely bewildered that I crossed the stipulated healthy range then.

I mean, you don’t expect that kind of result when you are told to eat more cos you are too thin all your life. Oh wait, come to think of that, those comments did die off after graduation. Hmm…

Anyway, some ten years later, things apparently did not change.

I am now officially, clinically proven, confirm-chop-stamped that I am indeed F-A-T.

That whole 30% of my body is F-A-T.

That the double/triple belly rolls I love to squish and pinch out of boredom when doing ahem big business is absolutely completely utterly F-A-T.
 
Charged with new determination, I ran 3 km yesterday night. I wonder how long can that last.

Post wedding, I have ran/gym an average of once a month. And that is already an achievement to me.

Yong and his friends have jokingly crowned the year of 2011 as the 减肥年 as they rubbed their growing bellies affectionately.

Guess it is so for me too.

 I thought about how this blog can help in this renewed motivation. And I have decided to do it ala my cousin's blog  --- by announcing my gym/running achievement at the end of my future blog posts.

So here goes nothing..

Run: 3km @ 45 min

Total since 12 Jan 11: 3km

Oh man, I run really slow.. *shame*

5 comments:

iuh January 12, 2011 at 11:38 PM  

well.. i went for a comprehensive checkup too.. and when it measures my body mass, it keeps repeating.. overweight.. overweight.. overweight.. overweight.. overweight.. overweight..

I guess I really got it.. that i am overweight! :)

Lin January 13, 2011 at 2:14 AM  

sigh.. was just chatting with Jess the other day.. lamenting on how age really slows the metabolism rate...
Go jogging together some day leh..

iuh January 13, 2011 at 6:39 PM  

i jog very slow, and will stop whenever i cannot take how boring jogging is! hahaha... so i am pretty sure i will be the last person you want to jog with! :)

miss ene January 15, 2011 at 8:58 PM  

That makes 2 of us - I jog veryyyyy slowly too. In fact, so slowly that people actually walk faster than I jog. No kidding. Doesn't help that I actually HATE to jog!

Lin January 17, 2011 at 6:20 AM  

Bo bian leh.. jogging is the fastest way to shed fat. It is not so bad if you jog at scenic places. Though i have to say it really sucks when the uncles and aunties zip past me for the 2nd/3rd rounds while I huff and puff for my 1st!!

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP