Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wedding Preparation: 9-12 months - Select a Date

Select a date - big part of what we did in the first month was to decide on the date. After much surfing around Singaporebrides.com I found out that Long Tian Xiang 龙天翔 master is not only reasonable in his pricing ($50 to select date) but also got rave reviews due to his friendly easy disposition. I have gone to him for Bazi readings before so I knew the claims in the forums are credible. And so we trouped down to Bullion Park very soon to get our date.



Review of Master Long - He prepared a kit which not only provided the basic Bazi charts for both of us but also a booklet of favorable dates over the next 3 years which can be used for moving house, starting renovation, preparation of the nuptial bed  安床, etc.. basically any major events that can benefit from some good luck.
AND on top of all that, a guide book on all the ceremonial things to follow; from what to do to during the delivery of the dowry gifts 过大礼 to remedies for guests' whose animal sign clashes with yours.

Master Long also did some brief bazi readings for us on some things to look out for in marriage. Well, not much to advise cos the first thing he said was “你们两个都没桃花, 哈哈哈哈。。。” 


(=o=)"" ..........................
 
Anyhow, he thinks infidelity is the biggest problem in marriage so since that is out of the way, me and Yong should be blissfully married for long. 

Hmm... abit too simplistic for me but how can I question him, as he chuckled away in his grandfatherly way. It is liked arguing with Santa Claus. So we obediently chose one of the dates from the three years booklet and decided upon 16th of Jan 2010. 

For those who do not already know, I am into the studying of the metaphysics and was taking classes on Bazi then. So the more I studied, the more I was convinced the dates were not really suitable. On top of that, by then we bought our house and I was more than happy to push back the wedding and concentrate on the renovation. 
Review of Master Chew - I decided to book another appointment with my Bazi Teacher, Master Chew whom I respect alot for his passion and integrity. Alot pricier at S$180 but... he is MASTER CHEW leh... and so we trouped down to Fu Lu Shou complex  to get our wedding date calculated once more. 

Master Chew recognized me from class and it was a really enriching session for me since it was more liked a personal one to one lesson. Master Chew is really good at teaching, able to explain things in the most animated and engaging way that even Yong learned alot that day. Unlike other Masters who can get abit defensive or evasive when I asked technical questions about the Bazi chart, Master Chew would clearly explained the how and why of his conclusions since he knew I would understand. 



He also prepared our bazi charts but instead of 3 years of favorable dates liked Master Long, he gave only 3-4 dates to choose from. Mostly, he spent alot of the time going through analysis of our bazi chart and what to watch out. 


And guess what? Yong has PLENTY of 桃花 (peach blossoms) afterall which means he is a true blue lady's man. I will not go into the technical part of the bazi analysis but as Master Chew explained, the more I understood his chart and his reading makes lots of sense.


Am I worried? Naturally.. but metaphysics is more than just chart analysis. It is a combination of your family and upbringing, your own willpower, fengshui (as in living environment e.g. living in Singapore and Nigeria has very different impact on the same birthchart), etc therefore knowing Yong and his background, I know I can trust him la. 


Then again, everything in the world is transient. So we will never know what can happen in the future. Oh well, que sara sara (what will be, will be). 


And so, we finally decided upon 16th of May 2010 as our Big Day. :)

2 comments:

Unknown April 13, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

hi! may i know what are ur doubts towards master loong..i also had my doubts dont feel comfortable and going to see another master.. pls emial me to share tkx
bridiegroomie@gmail.com

Unknown April 16, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

hi there.. i'm thinking to give Master Long Tian Xiang a call for appointment considering his fees is quite reasonable.. but would like to consult you more details for both masters..

Could you advise me which master should i approach? please send me an email to share ur experience ya.. truly grateful.. :)
tkoo@hotmail.com

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP