Monday, February 21, 2011

Beat.

Busy with work. Gosh, the job market is HOT! It is so tough to get good candidates to interview!

Busy with life. My cleaning lady is great but she charges by hours (unlike C – we miss you!) so weekend = laundry days now.

Busy with reading new blogs I found! Love to ogle over the photos at Chuzai Living (or Expat Living in Japanese; chio-est Japanese mum traveling around the world with her Caucasian hubby and incredibly PRETTY daughters) and B. Ferry (the kind of food-living-photography blog that I dig a lot)

Busy preparing for the two weeks in March I will be gone. The honeymoon we are FINALLY going! And a biz trip to HK.

Busy trying to catch up on the marathon training. Yong is right on track at 5.5km now while I am still struggling at 4km.

Even with the schedule above, I managed to squeeze some time to be melancholy last week. Ha! After much pondering and talking with God, I decided the best way is to actually take a ‘mental holiday’ as aptly put by my girls. Felt immense relief to declare that decision.

But as the week passed, I realized that it is not such an easy thing to do. I have to literally work HARD not to worry. Ha! It is such an oxymoron!

Guess I found my new year resolution for Year 2011. To not worry and live life in the moment. Not lamenting about the past. Not being anxious about the future. As well put by Oprah in her latest appearance on Piers Morgan show.

And man, that is one tough task to accomplish... (>,<)"

4 comments:

Z February 22, 2011 at 4:19 AM  

Being busy is good! Anyway wow, the Japanese mum is chio! And seeing her beautiful daughters ALMOST make me feel like having my own too. Yes yes, don't worry so much and seize the moment :)

Lin February 22, 2011 at 5:13 AM  

Thanks babe! Find it hard to still my mind and heart sometime. :p

Chuzai Living February 28, 2011 at 6:31 AM  

Thank you so much for mentioning my blog here!! Miss ene at youdecidelor.wordpress.com visited my blog thanks to you and let me know that she came to me through you. Thanks!! Thanks for your compliments, too. Z, thanks to you, too! :) My monkey girls are fun photography subject for me for sure. Good luck with Marathon training! That's got to be tough! I'm too intimidated and too lazy to try anything like that.
I was trying to locate your about information, but I couldn't find it. You mentioned business trip to HK. Very cool! What do you do?
I love what you wrote in the end about your this year's resolution. I would like to live in the moment, too. It's not easy not to lament about the past and being anxious about the future, but to enjoy the moment the best, it's important to follow it. Nice to meet you! xo Kaho

Lin February 28, 2011 at 7:08 AM  

I absolutely love your post on the typography photos your hubby did with your girls for your vday card. So creative!
I am based in Singapore and will definitely do up the "About Me" soon! My work requires me to travel occasionally. So it has been a busy few months.
Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving the sweet message :) And you will be sure to see me lurking around your blog!

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP