Saturday, February 26, 2011

爱心晚餐


Recently we are hooked on 26 Hours《超省时生活》, a Japanese tv show on time-saving tips for daily chores. There is one segment which features cooking 5-10 courses meal within 20 minutes. From tips on how to wash, clean and cut red peppers in seconds to creating Mentaiko Pasta in minutes. The show got me, Yong and my mum jaw dropped through the one hour program.

My rock bottom confidence in cooking edged a notch up. Enough for us to trooped down to Parkway to get some grocery and cooked a meal together. For the first time.

Yong is not a cooking person. So it has always been me cook he washes partnership. And after several disastrous starts to my cooking career and the equally disastrous aftermath (I meant the washing lah), Yong is uncharacteristically but understandably eager to eat out whenever we are not over at his or my parents' place for dinner. Ha!

Anyway, thanks to 26 Hours recipe and my mum's advices, we are elated to able to cook a 3 course meal successfully without burning down the kitchen. (i am not exaggerating here!)

I definitely need to rope Yong for all future cooking attempts. Very good bonding session. :)

2 comments:

miss ene February 26, 2011 at 8:03 PM  

Babe, I was a noob in the kitchen too! I learnt that starting simple with western dishes is actually easier. Chinese cooking is not easy and takes practice! Have fun! It's nice that your hubs joined you in the kitchen to cook :)

Lin February 28, 2011 at 6:58 AM  

I started with western food. Even bought the Ministry of Food cookbook for noobs by Jamie Olivier to help me get started. But ended up just goggling over the gorgeous food-tography and tried one grand recipe from it so far. Hee..

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP