Wednesday, November 11, 2009

First home

Written August 10, 2009

Tomorrow is THE day. As written on the contract which was signed 3 months ago. We will recieve the keys to our very first home. Our very first matrimony home. Our love nest. Our own pig sty. Our cocoon. Our space. Totally over-brimming with joy and anticipation.

Still remember the days of insomnia after the signage. It happened too fast. Saw it one weekend. And after the next, we signed the contract. Only viewed the unit 2-3 times. After much calculations, numerous frantic calls with Auntie, days of thinking through, we just decided upon it. And oh boy, am I glad that i did so now. A quick look at website shows that my house was one of the few miserable transactions in May 09. But that turned out to be the turnaround month for Singapore property market this year. And the market sky-rocketed thereafter and till now, the property market shows no sign of slowing down... Can only say..HENG ah... :P


And I have never slept better ever since I drop by at the website.

I had tortured myself for the past few months with thoughts that it was a hasty bad decision. I love the house. Without a doubt. But the AIA/HSBC financial planner in me could not stop doing the sums. Over and over and over and over again for the few moments before I sleep everynight. My years in Financial planning gave me a lot of "greatest fear in my life". Greatest fear in signing a mortgage. Which also leads to my greatest fear in losing the freedom to choose the career I want to be in. Which also leads to my greatest fear in not able to lead/change the lifestyle as I please.

Well, 3 months is more than enough for me to acknowledge the fact that since I am already in shit, must as well learn to live with it. (=__=)"

Today is the last day of the long weekend. Spent the last 3 days in Yong's place brainstorming for Reno ideas.

ID or contractor?

Japanese Zen or contemporary?

Open kitchen or closed one?

so many decisions to make. So headache. But the good kind. So we are kind of "enjoying" the headaches now.

Hmm.. maybe I will start a reno blog.

Meeting Mr Chang the raved fengshui shi from Renotalk forum. Hope he is good. Will update after appt next sat. Can't wait. :)

0 comments:

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP