Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wedding plan postponed!

Written on September 21st 2009

It is quite funny to tell friends the above statement. All of them look surprised with a tinge of awkwardness. And then come the careful question of why the decision.

I am still getting married. Just not in Jan 2010. After consulting my Bazi teacher, the better date is on 16th May 2010. Exactly 4 months after my initial date. The thought of changing date came about when we started the reno of our house. I lost complete interest in the Wedding preparation. So hence the decision.

Everyone seems happier about it. Apparently Jan 2010 is a very busy period for alot of my friends. I feel better with the new timeline as I can now juggle both events better. And most importantly, enjoy the process at a more leisurely pace and savour every moment. And it is working out well so far.

Postponed my wedding shots to Jan. So the dresses have to be finalised in Dec. The only problem left is the Wedding band.

This is really a headache. Got some valuable comments on the wedding band design after my last entry on it and we both concluded that we will change it. After the stint of working on more unique design with Ah Fai, we think we might be stretching his skill abit too far. We may be going back to him with one last try to do something different and if that fails too, we will settle with a simple band design. I saw a lady on the train the other day wearing a nice chunky matt/shiny combo for the wedding band. Very nice! But then again, my fingers are far from her long slender ones. Oh well. Anyway there is something really interesting I observed. She was sitting beside a guy, both reading newspaper and I did not know they are a couple till they started to exchange newspaper and had all the couple gestures much later. Why a baffling observation? They have completely different wedding bands! Hers is a chunky matt/shiny one and his a normal band with a line in the middle. Hee.. i started to have wild imagination of their illicit affair with each other, both married to someone else, blah blah.. Anyway, it could jolly well be that the husband bought a new ring for the wifey la...

That leads me to think about what Ah fai said the last time we were in his shop. He said that usually after a few years, the wives will not wear their wedding band anymore. Apparently, the dainty slim designs that typical wedding bands adorn will become outdated as they grow older. This was recieved with thoughtful nods from friends. Something for me to think about...MUCH later.. :P

I am glad to have took on a contractor for the renovation. There are more hands on stuff to do and it opens my mind and eyes on the art of home decor. Now I appreciate the finer things when visiting friends' house, new office, my environment and more acutely aware of the effort and pain put it to make their houses look so put together.

I don't have high hope that my house will turn out as nice. But we will try to make it look cozy at least. A place we know is home. So so looking forward.

0 comments:

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP