Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The journey of becoming Mrs Lim

Blogging is hard work. It needs loads of discipline and I am really lacking in that area.

Started a wedding blog in livejournal earlier. More of a together thing with Yong. But he is really not the blogging kind so I decided to make this a more personal blog.

Journey started back in wee hours of Feb 8th 2009. Came back from Jess's birthday party. Took a bath and sleepily stepped back to the room.

I stared at the petals on the bed blankly. Then upon seeing no one in sight in the room, I turned around by instinct to look for Yong at the back of the door. He took my hand and lead me back by the bed and only when he kneeled down, I comprehend the question Yong had laid out in petals. So with wet towel round my neck, washed undies in one hand and him holding the other, he recited his speech which he had practiced for the past weeks.

People tends to think I am the sweet romantic sorts who must dig this kind of gesture very much. Blame it on the voice. Truth is I am often more awkward than touched. And in the height of the romance, I would laugh off the awkwardness habitually. Which of cos spoils the whole ambiance. But for Yong, I had only a split second of that urge to laugh and was quickly overwhelmed with his and my emotions. I was really really really touched.

Touched that he had meetings with my F4, sneaked in during my toilet breaks, to discuss on this. Touched that he wrote out and practiced the proposal speech many times. Touched that he timed and rehearsed the laying of the flower petals according to my bath time. Touched that he made multiple trips to the ring maker to change and change the ring design to perfect it. Touched that I am so blessed to have met this wonderful man. I could not have asked for more.

And for the past few months it has been FUN searching for our love nest, wedding dress, looking for designs for the wedding band, photographer for our big day, deciding on our reno contractor, colors of our walls, appliances for the home, and many many more nitty gritty aspect of building a home together. And I LOVE every single minute of it.

Henceforth the birth of this blog.

I want to remember this high I get from the preparation of our new home and matrimony life. The excitement of the new life. Our hopefulness. Our simple delights. And if life becomes tougher later on. I can look back and remember all these happy times and gain strength from these memories. 



..........................eh.......


.............Abit Rou ma hor.. will stop now......

PS: Typing away on our new iMac. The 21.5" baby is rocking my world. Love it to bits. Will do a post on the opening of the iMac box and the set up of this precious. I am THAT geeky.

2 comments:

iuh November 11, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

i still rem that i heard of the proposal when i was in kl. was so excited and happy for you. and still is so sooo happy for you 2! :)
..feo..

Lin November 12, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

ya loh.. was so shocked when xiaolin showed me the mms of the flower petals on the bed. haha.. then i realised the news has travelled in less than a night to as far as KL. heheh.. so touched I have friends liked u guys.. i am very blessed. :_)

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP