Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wedding lunch?

Written August 25th 2009

It was kind of an impulse when I brought up the matter to Yong. But looking back,  I may have thought about it subconsciously for a while as I did not feel uncertain after telling Yong. Just mins before he goes through immigration for yet another training in Bangkok, I asked his opinion if we keep the wedding dinner simple, i.e. maybe just ROM with a simple celebration afterwards.

Stunned by my out of the blue question, he pondered for quite a while before he replied that it is of course a good idea for him as it will be relatively hassle free but asked if I will not regret, considering that this is an once in a lifetime event for me.

We discussed a while and concluded that a wedding lunch is the best solution out. It keeps the mood light, shortened the otherwise day long intensive preparation and most importantly satisfy his parents’ wish to keep the sit down meal and fulfill my parents’ hope for a simple affair.

My heart lightened considerably after the talk. Did not realise that I have found the idea of a full day event, from the fetch bride rah rah, to the tea ceremony, to the rush to the hotel, to the formal sit down dinner lah lah, very daunting. It was fun, thinking of Shanghai Tang songs for the march in and how the brothers should do the 斧头帮dance. But to actually do it, hmm… , not really. Maybe I don’t have the guts. Maybe deep down, what I really really want is an intimate meal with my closest closest friends and relatives. Maybe deep deep deep down, I am really affected by what my parents want. And I just can’t follow my heart. And want to keep things really plain and simple because that is what will make my parents happy and stress free.

Sigh.. who says wedding is just a two people affair.

I know why we did not consider wedding lunch in the beginning. I wanted a real celebration. And a real celebration cannot be without alcohol. And of cos with alcohol, confirm越夜越美. Plus I did know Yong through serial “dragonflying”. But with some of his friends becoming new dads and others waiting for their 2nd ones, mine much tamer than before (drinking is now mostly confined at homes; no more dragonfly for a long long time) it does not seemed like a good idea anymore.

And as I move on my Bazi module 3 class with Master Chew, I realised that the dates that are given by Master long is not well thought through. I wanted convenience and did not want to believe that selecting a right date to get married will do miracle to my marriage. But as I study, the need to get a good date gets more apparent since my birth chart is not exactly the best for blissful marriage life.

No, don’t get me wrong. I am not being superstitious here. Through Bazi and Zi wei, I learn more about myself. Learn more about the not so nice part of myself. And coming terms to that. Coping with these character flaws. Not letting them manifest into detrimental effects on my marriage. Or other aspect of my life. With my mum, dad, friends, etc..

Anyway, I have digressed.

So, Yong has to speak to his parents and I am meeting Master Chew next Saturday on the wedding date selection.

And then informing the closest friends the change of date if everything go smoothly.

0 comments:

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP