Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Should I do these in my wedding too?

Written November 6th 2009

Just attended my cousin’s wedding on last Friday. What fun it is to meet up with cousins and uncles and aunties in a happy occasion! It is kind of exciting for me cos it is the first time I brought Yong along to meet my mum’s relatives. He was not feeling well that night and was quieter than his usual quiet self (yeah, I thought that is not possible too) but as usual, he is so unassuming that he kind of blended in to the family rather well.

Had so much fun with Cousin-in-law Serene and we two 三八婆 basically 三八-ed the entire night. I was so amazed by our yakking abilities that I took a min to marvel at it with her before we continue for the night.

I have not thought about my wedding since the decision to postpone it. So it was kind of fun when I was at my cousin’s wedding where questions if I should include this or not are quickly answered by my been-there-done-that cousins. And I learnt that:

Table to table photography is NECESSARY! And I kind of understood why when I spent an hour rushing through my make up and hair so I can look half decent for a wedding dinner after work and how I would cursed the wedding couples who wun take a photo of my dress up attempt.  So back in the list of to-dos…….

The much loved/hated yamseng session is actually a chance for our parents and relatives to flaunt their do ups on stage! *enlightenment* But really, I have surveyed enough feeble yam seng exercise accompanied with less than gusto attempts from the floor. The poor brothers (sometimes sisters) often than not felt obligated to be the surround sound replacement. But I ponder how many ppl I will offend if I omit this out, following the fashion of the previous point. Remains in not-to-dos list till further notice.

Agnes Photo montage was really interesting. Right at the end of the montage, the screen zoomed out and it showed  a giant photo of the couple that is made up of all the photos that were shown previously. There was muttering of “imac” “apple software” amidst the oohs and aahs. And me and Yong looked at each other in delight. We are going to purchase our desktop from Apple and this nifty function just reinforces our good taste in imac. Hehe..anyhow I tested out the response of photo montage with Serene. And upon knowing that we are NOT doing any montage, she complained “Then we got nothing to watch leh.. unless you do some performance and entertain us la.. “ she was unimpressed that there will be a live band but felt my march in to the tune of叉烧包 and replacement of wedding showers with shrimp dumpling would compensate for that quite adequately. Point taken.

Wedding videos. Some swear by it as the BEST way to capture the moments. And how you can always re-watch it years down the road and savour the sweet memories. Others, well, have memory laspes in how they are conned into doing this since they never did come around re-watching the videos enough to maximize the economics of scale. Yong swiftly decided for us – ney, remains in not-to-do list forever.

My cousin’s march in was really really nice. The groom walked in with his mum and then Agnes with her dad. Such thoughtful heart warming gesture. I think everyone was really touched by that and the innovative march in did bring more colors to the wedding. I love it cos there is something about the beaming faces of the parents that just moved me. Thumbs up! Though I do not think it will work for me. Don't think my parents are that game. Anyhow, dancing in to the tune of wondergirls is more liked me though I am sure Yong would turn green at the thought of that. Will ponder about that.

I am sure there will be more nitty gritties to think about when the date draws nearer. Beside, it is only *counting* 6 more months to go.. plenty of time right?

0 comments:

About This Blog

The place to pen down my Journey of becoming, correction, Being a Mrs.

The ups and downs of building a home together with my loving half.

A venue to indulge in my thoughts which otherwise will bore some poor friend to death.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP